Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My problem is fixed.

Well, I actually almost lost my last hope about how things goes in our country, but imagine this, first business day after I created this blog and wrote an open letter to Carlos Slim my problem was fixed.

Honestly, I thought that they were just lazy to adjust a modem speed at their end, but yesterday Codetel's technician (not the contractors, but two professional guys with laptops and everything) spent entire day to fix my problem. So there was a technical issue on my line, it was not that they just didn't want to change the connection speed in the modem.

I don't know if I would get same treatment if I wouldn't create this blog. Carlos Slim was not the one who got it. Well I was not really counting on that, of course. But the right person in Codetel who read by blog and solved my problems is Vanessa Thomas. She is the first Codetel employee who promised to fix everything same day and it was really fixed that same day, even technicians had to stay at work till 8pm,

I now have 5mbt/s and it's really fast. It helps my husband, because he runs several projects in the Internet and he needs this fast connection. For all the problems in the past I got 1 month of service for free promised by Vanessa, who is a "Gerente de CAE y Relaciones con Clientes". I appreciate it and I will keep Codetel Internet Service for my house and for my office. Vanessa, finally, saved Codetel's face and made me and my husband happy.

Hopefully my story helps Codetel to fix their customer support issues in general, so it doesn't happen to others and people don't have to became as desperate as we did to write a public letters to get their problems fixed. But at least you know, they actually care about their image and when you get to the right person they do take care of you.

Of course I didn't like to not to get the service I subscribed for, but that was not the main reason I got so pissed of and came up with all this public letters. It's all about how they treated me, closing 5 reclamaciones without comments and without fixing the problem and the way their customer support really cares about their customers. I wouldn't write a public letter to Carlos Slim if they told me that it takes ones month to fix the problem, I would wait, angry, but patiently at the same time. But this thing is so common in the Dominican Republic - manana - or manana seguro! We all know here what it means. But we have to do something about it.

Well, thanks again to Vanessa Thomas and the group of technicians who finally fixed all our problems.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check it out: carlosslimhelu.com

ram said...

I think that's a nice move. Congratulation!

ram said...

I think that's brave and elegant. Congratulation